Snorkeling at Caño Island
The Caño Island Biological Reserve is one of the best places for snorkeling in the country and is approximately two hours by boat from Uvita Beach and half an hour from Sierpe, once you arrive to the island you will do snorkeling in two different places, during which you can watch sharks, stingrays, turtles and many species of fish and corals.
You can also enjoy lunch at the beach on Violines Island, Drake Bay or in the boat and if you want you can walk the path that will lead to a lookout at the top of the island and if you are lucky you can meet whales and dolphins on the way back!
- Tour lenght: All day
- What includes? Boat, Reserve entrance, water, fruits, snorkeling equipment, lunch, captain, guide, insurance.
- Departure time: 7:30 a.m
- Place of departure: Ballena Infocenter’s Office in Uvita Beach
- What should you bring? Sandals, comfortable clothes, bathing suit, sunscreen, camera and a plastic bag to keep electronic items dry if necessary.
- Observations: Minimum 6 persons are required for operating the tour.
- Children between 4 and 9 years old pay $85.00 p.p
- Children under 4 years old are free of charge
- If the tour departs from Sierpe, transfer is included in the price roundtrip.