Sierpe River: $60.00 p.p
Térraba River: $85.00 p.p
From the Sierpe River you can browse one of the largest mangrove systems of Central America: the Terra-Sierpe mangroves.
During the tour you will take a boat or a catamaran through the channels of these mangroves, where you can observe many species of birds such as ospreys, scarlet macaws, etc., also you may have the chance to see the 4 species of monkeys that we have in the country: in one place! And of course crocodiles and caimans characteristic of this area.
- Tour lenght: 3 hours in Sierpe and 4 hours in the Terraba River.
- What includes? Boat, drinks, captain, guide, insurance.
- Departure time: From Sierpe it departs almost every hour and from Terraba depends on the high tide.
- Place of departure: Ballena Infocenter’s Office (Uvita Beach) or from Sierpe at Kokopelli or at Don Jorge’s.
- What should you bring? Sandals, comfortable clothes, sunscreen, camera, binoculars (if you desire) and a plastic bag to keep electronic items dry if necessary.
- Observations: Minimum 4 persons required for making the tour at the Terraba River and in Sierpe is a minimum of 2 persons.