Watching Whales & Dolphins in “Ballena” Marine National Park
₡30.000 p.p residents
On this tour you will get to know the “Ballena” Marine National Park where you can see one of the major attractions of the Park: Punta Uvita or commonly called the “Tail of the Whale,” also you may cross through one of the caverns called “Ventanas” or “windows” if the waves permit it.
Also depending on the tide you can snorkeling in Punta Uvita or at Ballena Rock (marine bird sanctuary), along the way your captain will search for whales and dolphins, as well as other types of marine animals characteristic of this area.
- Tour lenght: Approximately 3 to 4 hours
- What includes? Boat, park entrance, water, fruits, snorkeling equipment (dry season), captain, bilingual guide, insurance.
- Departure time: 8:30 a.m and during the dry season tours in the afternoon (1:00 p.m with a minimum of 4 persons)
- Place of departure: Ballena Infocenter’s Office in Uvita Beach
- What should you bring? Sandals, comfortable clothes, bathing suit, sunscreen, camera and a plastic bag to keep electronic items dry if necessary.
- Observations: The tour operates with a minimum of 3 persons.
- *Children under 9 years old pay $45.00 p.p
- *Children under 4 years old are free of charge
- *During the rainy season (May or June until mid December) the snorkeling is not available in the area.
Your browser does not support iframes.